Our Client’s Opportunity
In 2019, Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District leadership approached FCP for a series of media training and PR coaching to the board, staff, and park rangers. The training would focus on delivering consistent messaging to press and best practices for media interviews.
The Solutions We Offered
FCP worked with Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District communications staff to develop a media training presentation based on the attendees’ roles and responsibilities to maximize value for the board, staff, and park rangers. The media coaching presentation included:
- The anatomy of a newsroom
- Developing key messages and talking points
- Best practices for radio and on-camera interviews
- Answering tough questions
- And more
The training also included practice sessions so participants could practice the delivery of talking points and answering tough questions with pointers from our PR experts.
The Results We Delivered
By the conclusion of each training, each attendee felt:
- More confident in their public speaking skills
- Ready to handle media inquiries based on the organization’s media protocol
- Prepared to handle tough questions from reporters